Friday 10 April 2015

Tutorial with Carolyne (Tuesday 10th 2015)

Following a tutorial with Carolyne we have identified some key points within my design and project concepts which should be altered to fit the criteria required within the Major Project unit, and also to benefit my understanding and technical skills within my work;

Below is the tutorial sheet issued within the session;
After a small discussion about the PPP presentation, we then went on to discuss the use of one model, that would be beneficial to my project in making it clear i was representing the life of only one woman. We also discussed the idea of creating different techniques in wig making - not simply full wigs or cage wigs, but half wigs and even hair pieces/extensions to create length for a certain project. I explained that I wanted to use natural coloured hair for this, rather than coloured, as this is something I believe my portfolio would benefit from. We also discussed human hair and the face that my last project was limited thanks to the quality of the synthetic hair, and to really move my marks along human hair would be a beneficial material to work with in the project. My research was sparse and carolyne suggested beginning the design process asap as well as continuing to research the project so I can begin my practical side asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment