Wednesday 8 April 2015

Meeting Model and Wig Fitting

Below are the images of the wig fitting on my model Lauren, a third year illustrator based at AUB, who is looking to build on her model portfolio. She has a very pale english rose complexion and natural hair colour which I believe is ideal for my concept.

 
 Lauren has thick hair which falls just below the shoulder. It is shorter than I had expected from images but is not necessarily a problem due to the fact the wigs can be made to extend length to her hair. I chose to wrap the hair this time with 4 plaits, which enabled me to get a smooth symmetrical wrap, without any unnatural bulks of hair.



 As seen in the images the wrap was very even and also tight at the nape of the neck, which is something very important to consider when wrapping the hair, so it will then be a tight fit when finished. Lauren's head measurements were also taken which are listed below;

Circumference of Head: - 56cm
Front to back of Head - 39cm
Temple to Temple (back of head) - 43cm
Ear to Ear (over crown) - 34cm
Nape of Neck - 9cm
Top of Ear - Nape - 10cm
Ear to Ear (over forehead) - 32cm
Temple to Temple (across face) - 18cm

As seen in the images Lauren has the English rose complexion I have been looking for whilst sourcing a model, including her natural tainted red lips seen in the image! I am looking forward to working with her to achieve the correct outcome for my FMP, styling her to fit the 3 sides of Georgiana I am creating.



No comments:

Post a Comment