Saturday 31 January 2015

Styling the half wig - trial

After dyeing the wig, to a darker colour, I have been able to create a simple style which I will be further developing prior to the final photoshoots. Below are some images of the style, which is too simplistic for the criteria of the project, however is effective as an 18th century male style. I believe the female cage wig may slightly overpower the simplicity of the male wig and this is something I am looking to develop in the coming days.
After setting the wig with heated rollers (which I regrettably forgot the evidence) I brushed out the soft set creating waves (see right)


I then applied backcombing to the top front of the wig to create more shape and volume true to the period.
 The hair was then tied back into a mid-low pony tail where it was important i sprayed down the loose flyaway and maintained a smooth shape (see right)



 Once majority of the flyaways were set downwards, I then re applied two rollers to the pony tails, both rolling in an anti clockwise direction to creat the curl visible in the images.



 The bow was applied to the back of the hair covering the hair tie giving a more authentic feel to the style. Something I aim to improve on within the week is my bow tying skills as well as the development of a more advanced male style.

No comments:

Post a Comment