Friday 23 January 2015

Dressing the Cage Wig - Phase 2

 Once the top of the wig was dressed, it was important to dress the rest of the hair and get the same amount of body and width to keep the organic shape of the wig. This was difficult at first however after teasing the curls out I was able to achieve this. I then used beachwavers to create a fine wave which was brushed out, back combed and dressed up into the
 wig.
The base of the wig was very wide and hard to spread the hair around, however my models hair was dressed up into this therefore it did not concern me.
I then applied my adornments. The ribbon which has been designed into the wig cut the wig off and reduced the impression of height. however I continued to trial it with bows also in the hair.

 I then decided once the small bows were applied that the ribbon was not emphasising the style and emotion in the way I wanted, and also did not reference 18th century as much as I had thought.



I then removed this ribbon which made a massive difference bringing height back into the wig, and emphasising the beautiful fine styled curls which surrounded the hair. I am over the moon with this transformation and looking forward to applying it to my models own hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment