Thursday 8 January 2015

Restyling the wig for politics day 2

When the grips were removed from the wig, it was in a curled yet quite disheveled state. As I only had 5 hours to reset the wig I knew a challenge was ahead in changing the shape and style completely. Using a doughnut to give a new wider shape to help alter the shape. The already curled hair worked well to be shaped and gripped around this doughnut.


 Using synthetic hair I was then able to make large, unstructured barrels which padded out and enlarged the wig changing the shape further. This was successful due to accurate colour match and application. The human hair was then dressed over this.




Once the hair was straightened to give a smoother surface, the hair was dressed over this padding. As I wanted the bottom of the wig to be dramatically wider, and time was running out I then used the rest of the synthetic hair to apply a large padded layer of hair onto the wig. Although my human hair didn't dress well over the bottom layer due to it being so wide, when my models hair was applied over the top I knew this would be rectified.


Pincurls were applied all the way around the wig, as designed, to give it the intricate finish 18th century hair possessed. These curls were also useful as a tool to dress ends of my models hair into.

No comments:

Post a Comment