Thursday 1 January 2015

Final Images

The final images selected from the Gambling shoot showcase the glamour, yet sinister ability gambling has on people loosing control. This was evident in Georgiana's life. Using historic elements such as the fan and tall wig combined with the smokey eye, modern makeup and gold leaf allowed me to meet my brief of avant garde, rococo return images. I worked with my photographer to select two images that showcase the whole wig, including the shape of it, and a closer one showcasing the makeup element of the images. The filters applied alongside beauty editing give a dated, gritty outcome which works perfectly with the style of my shoot and the gritty personality of Georgiana.


The outcome of the second photoshoot compliments the series, and my makeup and hair outcome. The dark application of makeup again represents the darker elements of Georgianas life, how her involvement in politics and speculation lead to her being banished to a home in bath away from society. The styling again echoes the avant garde rococo effect, with the politics based fan also working well as an element in the images. Again the images selected look at the wig from further away, and a closer crop which focuses on the makeup.



 The first photoshoot again had an outcome I was extremely pleased with. Being a lighter application of makeup, I still believe the images work as well as the gambling and politics images, with the male presence and promiscuous expressions echoing Georgiana's own unfaithful love life. On reviewing the final images I found the ones of my male model on his own were not as complimentary to the series as my the female models images, therefore choosing one of them together worked well to give the over all impression of the male presence.
I am proud to share my final images which have met and exceeded my expectations of my outcome. The collaboration between models, photographer, costume store and stylist have worked smoothly, to create this professional finishing piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment