Sunday 1 February 2015

Colouring the half wig

As the colouring trial had worked so well I felt more confident now to colour the half wig, due to actor change. There were many concerns prior to this with the main one being wether I would loose half the hair knotted into the wigs, as I am aware my knots are rather loose in the wig. I was also concerned about the base, but without a lace front this made the process a lot easier. Again opting for a Wella Koleston Perfect shade, I wanted to achieve a 'darkest brown' result, without the hair going black. Due to not knowing the history of the hair, I had to assume it has already undergone bleaching, making it more porous, and therefore will soak up the hair colour more. To achieve a base 2/3 result (1 being black 12 being white), I chose a base 4 shade. This allowed room for the hair to go darker than expected. Below are images of the process which took the hair from light brown to dark brown.















 Although throughout the process I lost a lot of hair, I was pleased with the result. The hair was obviously not as porous as I had expected, and did remain an honest medium to dark brown, however an application of black colour spray or even black powder may resolve this and for the purpose of the context give the correct colour match to my models hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment