Friday 30 January 2015

Styling the cage - Phase one - Top half of the wig.

 Once the cage was covered with the wefts secured, I used a curling tong to very accurately curl each section of the weft. I chose not to do a set as the fabric net holding the wefts onto the cage was already showing slight stretching and strain due to the weight of the wefts, and I did not want this to undergo anymore strain from the weight of rollers/wet hair and rollers.  This made it important for me to curl the hair very accurately, on a hot temperature where the heat would hold. I believe this worked as effectively as rollers may, although it did take approx the same amount of time. The style required a lot of pincurls and product setting. I chose to apply LOreal professional Thermo Protection with Lactic Acid, which helps build the proteins in the hair, and also protects from heat with setting ability. This helped keep the shape of the curls when in place. As you can see from this first set of images, only the top half of the wig is curled, with the bottom half due to be waved with beach wavers, prior to styling my models hair into it.







No comments:

Post a Comment