Friday 9 January 2015

Final Shoot Day 1




Due to good prep, the makeup application flowed swiftly, with the correct products and skincare allowing my outcome to fit the design brief, utilising my time. The makeup application comprised of a rose gold eye, complimented with eyelashes and liner bringing a modern style into the makeup.
The makeup took 45 minutes, which complied with timing.

I was then able to begin the hair application, alongside my assistant. Setting the lengths of the hair in curls why the makeup was being applied had been completed by my assistant to utilise time further. Once this was complete the hair was braided, into a round french plait which was then strengthened by a tight strong plait underneath.

 The male makeup was also applied whilst the heated pincurls set in my female models hair. A light base application, combined with eyebrow mascara to define the brows and benetint to apply a natural rouge on the cheek and lips allowed me to create an authentic male makeup.



 The cage was applied to the model once she was changed and comfortable, as it was heavy. The curls were cool and had set which allowed them to be dressed up into the hair, one the cage was secured onto the head. Using geisha pins I found securing the cage simple, and found it was very secure.

Whilst the female model was having her images taken individually, I was able to apply the half wig onto the males head. This was very challenging and unfortunately due to being pushed for time I was unable to take pictures of this process! Jacks hair was not as long as desired therefore using crepe hair to create a quiff, blending the hair back into the wig took longer than expected, however the outcome was one I was very pleased with given the complications. The rolls created with individual loose wefts worked well, and were secured to the hair in the correct position which was effective for my authentic 18th century male.


Overall I was absolutely chuffed with the first stage of the final shoot, which although I became pushed for time was successful thanks to the contribution from my team members and the effectiveness of my hairpieces and input.

No comments:

Post a Comment