Friday 6 March 2015

New Model(s)

Throughout the design of the project, I have been having doubts about my model, due to her lack of modelling experience. This was not ideal for my Major Project, and would of in fact been a big risk, therefore I had to take the difficult decision to replace her.

Some of the problems with this decision are that I will need to find a model either with a head the same size as my models for the half wig, or utilise the piece in the best way possible. The hair colour match will also have to be amended to match the new model.

As mentioned throughout stage reviews, the concept of the idea has also been progressing throughout the project. My one model has now been replaced by two, a female and a male. The male will now wear the half wig, styled into an authentic 18th century style, where as the female model will wear the cage wig, which will be restyled three separate times, in an avant garde theme. Below are my model choices;

Female: Dottie Kay

Dottie is a first year film student at AUB, with past modelling experience. She is 6 ft 1, and is a size 12 in clothing with size 9 feet. Dottie has the face for avant garde work, and also the height and build I am looking for for Georgiana. Although her hair is slightly darker, this is something which can be worked and styled alongside. The image to the right has been edited in a way which her hair is made to look darker, once I spoke with dottie I was able to note her hair is in fact a light brown shade.






Male: Jack Streeton


Jack is a fellow third year makeup artist, who I have chosen to partake as the male model. I originally had another model with past experience, however due to my female model being 6 ft 1 and him being 5ft 8 this was not going to be a compatible choice. Therefore jack who is 6ft 3 has been selected, and without any formal modelling experience, I believe his ability as a model can definitely be recognised. The male character is also not going to be involved as much as the female, therefore I believe his look will compliment Dotties, for the images as a pair. Jacks hair is Dark brown and will require the half wig to be changed and trialled on his own hair, which he is now growing until the photoshoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment