Saturday 7 March 2015

18th century avant garde interpretations [moodboards]

After considering a more avant garde fashion based approach to the 18th century within the project, I have been able to create moodboards which accurately represent my thinking process within the wig and hair design and construction.
Using colour within the wigs is an idea which has interested myself, as colour is often key to reflecting the nature of a thought or feeling. That however is contradicting the proposal I created at the beginning of the unit, outlining the lack of natural wigs within my portfolio, stating this is something that will be beneficial. I instead will look at heavily adorning the wigs in colour which will hopefully perceive the same message as the colour of the hair would have, perhaps even more successfully so.
The height of the hair as well as texture is also something I have been scrutinising. I will be careful not to cross the path of my last project, drawing ideas away from the hair being brought straight up over the wig, instead curling and rolling the hair in a reference to the authentic designs referenced within the my research.
Feathers and adornment again are something I will be focusing heavily on, to decor the hair in the style of the aristocrats of the century. The feathers will need to be researched into, as with adornment to make this appropriate to the feel of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment