Tuesday 3 February 2015

Makeup Trials

For the purpose of budgeting I have not applied eyelashes in these trials. The love trial shows the pink gold sheen discussed and chosen to represent the aspect. The brown smoke is visible to the corner of the eyes, with a light application of liquid liner (which may possibly be too light) applied.

The lip colour to the right is the suggested lighter pink, which clashes with the pink smoke around the eye, promoting too much pink on the face. Therefore as seen in the image below a more neutral pink tone was applied which I believe complimented the face and eye makeup better.


The second look trialled was Gambling. Being the heaviest makeup this didn't compliment my dark circles, however expresses the emotions and aspects of georgiana I want it to. Blending the gold into the black further to it is just a 'glimmer' of gold rather than a large section is something I would improve on in application.
I trialled two red colours, on the left a deep red (not as visible in the image) and on the right a bright red. I believe the deep red looks more sophisticated, with the bright red looking a little too much. Deepening the colour makes it a more complimentary blend with the eye makeup and is something I will continue to develop.



The final look I trialled was Politics. Getting a good level of pigment through the grey eyeshadow was difficult, but with good primer and build up I was able to achieve the level I wanted. The rouge on the cheeks was also too strong and needed to be muted to a more nude shade.

 I again trialled alternate lip colours which needed to be strong in this look to draw attention to the mouth, which got Georgiana in trouble with the tabloids for being so outspoken regarding politics. The purple lips i believe give the more modern avant garde feel my project requires, whereas the deep red links too closely to gambling. Therefore to define the looks the purple will serve more appropriate and justifiable, making it clear the image of the character has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment