Thursday 5 February 2015

Covering the cage with wefts.

Prior to covering the cage, I had wefted the synthetic hair and plaited it. The hair was extremely knotty, therefore plaiting was the only option to ease this. From the images you can see the hair is appropriate for braiding other than anything else, and I had found this hard to work with.

Once the synthetic base layer was stitched to the cage via the wefts, I then began to shape the hair where I roughly wanted to cover. This really was only the base layer therefore I wanted to simply remove the visibility of the structure, by approx 50% which I believe worked.

 once this was complete I then stitched the human hair wefts onto the cage. These were the wefts which I chose not to reweft, and during this process I confirmed this was a good decision due to the security of the original wefts, and also the ability to stitch this onto the cage.





No comments:

Post a Comment