Friday 20 February 2015

Wefting the hair

After beginning to weft the human hair which was left in the hair mat from hand knotting, I began to question to process of this, as it is brought already in wefts, therefore when these wefts are cut, a 2 inch turn back is lost, and the time taken to re weft this is potentially wasted. As I also am now having to dye the hair, which was purchased for another model, it will be stronger I believe in the original weft, than a rewefted piece. Therefore I will be consulting Sara before making the decision to keep the original wefted hair.
For the purpose of trialling, I have created a small weft, which I also will be dyeing to trial colour match with my model.
The turn backs on the trial weft were longer than they should of been, and is something that would need to be looked at if the human hair was to be wefted again.
 I will however be wefting a synthetic layer of hair, which will serve to cover the cage before the human hair is applied and styled on the top of this. This will evidence my ability to weft, and will improve on these long turn backs seen in the human hair weft to the left.



No comments:

Post a Comment