Friday 20 February 2015

Hair dye trial

Prior to covering my cage, I knew some of the human hair I had left (colour 8) was too light for my models medium brown hair. As the hair was still in its original weft, I knew that colouring was an option which would need to be looked at. Trialling this was important as to stay on budget, using the hair I already had was key to this.
Using a tube of Koleston Perfect in colour 7/0, I applied liberally to a small piece of weft, which had been removed in the process of measuring wefts for the cage. Below are the results.



As you can see the hair has successfully darkened, with the quantity and quality of the hair still attached to the weft visible here. I proceeded to apply dye to the rest of the wefts which were being attached to the wig, which again worked successfully. I am pleased with the choice of dye, opting for one slightly more expensive, not available on the high street which I believe mixed with a gentle peroxide, protected the condition of the hair as it is without its cuticle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment